Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I change a *.ftw file to a *.pdf, *.jpeg, Photoshop or *tiff file?

I have a program called Family Tree Maker and I am interested in printing out a large family tree at CopyMax. However, to do this, I need to bring in a disc with the file on it. CopyMax told me that they only support pdf, jpeg, photoshop, and tiff files. The suffix on the Family Tree Maker file is ftw. How do I change this to one of the supported file types? CopyMax suggested using the Adobe website and downloading a $10 trial version of the pdf writer. If that works, can someone give me the link to the correct download? I have a Windows 2000 PC. ThanksHow do I change a *.ftw file to a *.pdf, *.jpeg, Photoshop or *tiff file?
You can convert files to PDF online, using a free online service. You can also download a trial version of software that does this on your desktop, or buy the software for a small amount.



I've included the link below and also a link to a web site that explains various file formats that we find on the Internet.How do I change a *.ftw file to a *.pdf, *.jpeg, Photoshop or *tiff file?
if i were you, i would install a program called cutepdf.



when it's installed, you select the printer in page setup, then select file and print.



to install it, you have to download and install the 2 programs from the links below.



it's a freebie, check out the website http://www.cutepdf.com/products/CutePDF/
You're going to have trouble with this...ftw is there own extension, in other words a ';Family Tree'; extension. They could have written the family trees in a number of easy to open codes, but they didn't. If they are pretty much obscure, you probably won't find a program to change it. If you download the Adobe .pdf writer do you pay in advance? You can try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment